Sunday, March 1, 2009

Feb 26 2009 Num 19-20, Ps 28 Mark 5

Scripture
When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. Mark 5:27-28

Observation
Jesus had been summoned to go to the home of Jarius to heal his daughter. Jarius had come to a point of desperation because his daughter was dying and his only hope was in the Lord. As our Lord goes to see about this little girl, another nameless woman, who also has reaches a point of desperation, steals the scene.

Application
Have you ever considered the power of a touch? I can still remember what it felt like to hold the hand of my first girlfriend in fourth grade. She probably can too because I was so nervous I am sure my hand was all sweaty.

I can remember how I felt when I first placed my arm around Shirlene and how just touching her made me feel special. I especially remember the first time I held my daughter in my arms and what a powerful moment that was. The power of a touch can be amazing.

And while all that is good, I cannot say any of these touches made me whole. But the day my faith reached out and touched Jesus…I was truly made whole.

Prayer

Lord, thank you for being close enough that we may touch you..

No comments: