Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mar 14 2009 Deut 25-27, Gal 5

Scripture
Also today the Lord has proclaimed you to be His special people, just as He promised you, that you should keep all His commandments, and that He will set you high above all nations which He has made, in praise, in name, and in honor, and that you may be a holy people to the Lord your God, just as He has spoken. Deuteronomy 26:18-19

Observation
Moses had just shared chapter after chapter of laws and commands that God wanted his people to follow. God was very specific and detailed with just about every area of life.

And now it seems God is telling them why. They were to be a special people. God wanted them to be different not just in name, but in their actions and interactions with each other.

Application
I wonder how the people must of felt after Moses had spoken all this commandments. I wonder if they felt overwhelmed. It seems it would be hard enough to even remember it all, much less observe it all.

Sometimes when I read the Bible I too feel overwhelmed. I think to myself, there is no way I will ever measure up to what God is asking. But then I am reminded why God asks me to live according to his will… He will set you high above all nations which He has made, in praise, in name, and in honor, and that you may be a holy people to the Lord your God

Prayer

Wow! What an incredible promise you have made. All through the scriptures we are promised…if we exalt you, you will exalt us.

No comments: