Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mar 17 2009 Deut 32-34, 1 Cor 2

Scripture
Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, the shield of your help and the sword of your majesty! Your enemies shall submit to you, and you shall tread down their high places. Deuteronomy 33:29

Observation
Surely Israel knew something big was getting ready to happen. As it turns out, God is getting ready to do something new in their life, but not with Moses. Moses leadership was coming to an end and Israel needed to be reassured that God was their leader and he would fulfill His promise.

Application
There are times in our lives when God is ready to do something new but before He does we have to be willing to let go us other things. Change is never easy, but with God change is always for the better.

God uses people to bring blessing into my life. In this case He is going to use Joshua. But he wants them and me to know, He is the one who protects me, He is the one who blesses me and He is the who is leading me.

Prayer

Lord, please help me not to hang too tightly on the past when you are moving me into the future.

No comments: