Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mar 19 2009 Josh 3-6 Ps 37, 1 Cor 4

Scripture
And they commanded the people, saying, When ye see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it. Joshua 3:3

Observation
From the time that the Israelites left Egypt, the presence of God in a cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night, went before them and led them in the way in which they should go. This cloud of God’s glory represented His visible presence with His people. By day the cloud would lead them and at night, it would settle over the tabernacle and over the Ark of the Covenant.

Here in Joshua, the cloud is no longer mentioned. When it was time for Israel to move they are now to follow the ark of God as it is carried by the priests of the Lord

Application
Joshua was trying to get them to anticipate the moving of God. They were to look and when they saw the Ark move, they were to follow. I wonder how many times have I miss out, because when God moves, I wasn’t paying attention. This can happen at church or even at home when I open my Bible.

God is moving all the time in the world around us, but most people never even notice. People see what they are looking for. What if we could begin our day by looking for God and how He might be moving around us? What a difference that would make!

Prayer

Lord, I do believe you are at work in the world all around me. I will be looking for you to move. Lord, when I see you move, please help me to follow.

No comments: