Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mar 6 2009 Deut 3-4, Ps 36, Mark 13

Scripture
And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. Mark 13:13

Observation
Jesus is specifically talking about the last days. This chapter is filled with signs about the end. He talks of wars, famines and earthquakes and then all of a sudden he shifts the conversation to what will be happening to his disciples. We will be betrayed by friends and family members and arrested and tried; he even mentions some will be put to death for being his disciple!

Application
It is so hard to imagine things getting to this level. Let’s face it…it is so easy to be a Christian today at least in the United States. The world couldn’t care less if choose to be a follower of Jesus. And yet Jesus says one day all that will change.

I have to ask myself the question, what would I do if I was placed in a situation of choosing between obeying Jesus and preserving my life or disobeying Jesus and sparing my life?

I guess we all need to ask ourselves…how much do we really love Jesus?

Prayer

Lord, I hope I never have to face that kind of decision, but if I do, I hope and pray to choose you.

No comments: