Friday, March 6, 2009

Mar 4 2009 Num 34-36, Mark 11

Scripture
And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.” And His disciples heard it. Mark 11:13-14

Observation
What an awesome thing that is happening. Jesus is hungry and sees a fig tree loaded with leaves which was an advertisement that the tree should also have fruit. As Jesus approaches, he begins to examine the tree only to be disappointed when no figs are present.

If the tree would not produce the fruit, there was no purpose for the tree to exists, so Jesus pronounces a curse upon it.

Application
God has created all things for a purpose. This not only includes all of nature but all of life. I was created for a purpose. There will be a time when God examines me to see if I have produced my God-intended fruit.

When I fail to produce fruit in my life, I rob the world of what He intended to do through me.

Prayer

Lord, help me to live out your purpose for my life.

No comments: