Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mar 13 2009 Deut 22-24, Gal 4

Scripture
My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you. Galatians 4:19

Observation
Paul is asking some hard questions about his ministry to the people of Galatia.Had it all been for no purpose? Had he wasted his efforts? Paul wanted to see these believers become disciples and what he was seeing was not very encouraging.

Application
What parent hasn’t ever reached a point that they begin to wonder if their efforts to raise their child were all wasted. Paul is their father. He has brought them to faith. He wanted more than anything to see these believers grow and mature in Christ and become all God wanted them to be.

Giving birth is never easy. (I know it is easy for a man to say this) But that is exactly what God calls us to do…give birth…spiritual birth. And then we are given the responsibility to raise them and nurture them into spiritual adulthood.

I am also reminded that there are people in my life that God has used to grow me as a Christian. I know I have disappointed them many times, but they have never given up on me.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for spiritual families; for the blessing and responsibility.

No comments: