Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mar 18 2009 Josh 1-2, 1 Cor 3

Scripture
I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 1Corinthians 3:6

Observation
The Apostle Paul is sharing how God works to build His kingdom. Paul knew that he had a part to play, and that it was only a part. He knew there were other parts for other people and even God gets involved in the process.

It is clear that Paul understood this as a process…first you plant, then you water and then God makes it grow.

Application
It is truly an amazing thing that God would even involve us in the work of growing his kingdom. And it is not an incidental work but a extremely important work.

All around me are places that I can plant the Gospel seed. And yes, there are places all around me that others have planted and I get to water. There is certainly an implied promise and it is this…if we will do our part, God will do His.

Prayer

Lord, open my eyes to see the places I may plant and that I may water. Thank you for the promise of the increase.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There are a whole group of verses that I have marked and cross referenced with Joshua 1: 5 - 9. This theme of I will never leave you and where you go I will be, seems to start in the Garden of Eden and goes all the way to Revelations 22. All along this path there runs the idea of obey and prosper, disobey and be corrected.

These great and precious promises are to reduce or even eliminate our dread, our apprehension, yes even our fear, for nothing shall separate us from God except we ourselves.

One of those cross referenced verses is found in Psalms 27: 1 - 4, 13, 14, it adds to Joshua 1: 5 - 9.

Winston Churchill told us, "Courage is the first of human qualities becasue it is the quality that guarentees all others."

Ontarian Hawkins said...

This is one of my favorite passages in the book of Corinthians. It really shows the faithfulness of GOD and how he works throught the faith we show by planting seeds each and everyday. I'm excited to exercise my seed planting abilities by the GRACE given to me by Christ Jesus.